One of the crucial considerations for any combination sleeper is whether the mattress can adjust to their sleep positions. A combination of sleeper changes 3-4 positions while sleeping, which calls for a balanced-response bed.
Combination sleepers are not generally committed to a particular sleeping position and can doze off in these three prominent positions- back, side, or stomach. Such sleepers need a unique mattress that can offer: responsiveness and comfort for each shifting position, adequate support to the spines in every situation, and excellent compression.
Find here the best ten mattresses which are ideal for any combination sleeper.
10 Best Mattresses for Combination Sleepers in 2021
Here, we have curated a list of best mattresses for combination sleepers. Our list has considered all essential details, including mattress type, firmness level, and comfort.
Enjoy a good night’s sleep with this body contouring foam mattress from Ashley Store. This 12inch memory foam landing pad will offer commendable support to your pressure points. The support core will reduce motion while you shift positions to ensure an undisturbed sleep.
- It provides an ultra-plush comfort for a peaceful sleep. The mattress arrives in a rolled and compressed box for easy storage.
- This queen-size bed will require no maintenance. It is created out of hypoallergenic materials to prevent all sorts of allergies.
- The mattress will keep out mold, dust mites, pet dander, and pollen. It is 100% safe for kids.
- It doesn’t facilitate the use of any dry-cleaning fluid. The only applicable cleaning method is vacuuming.
Sleeping Innovations is here with a 4-inch foam mattress that offers a luxurious sleep and no discomfort. It features a dual-layer of gel memory foam and quilted fiber material. Enjoy double the comfort with a cooling second layer of gel memory foam that will extract the heat from your body.
- The mattress will eliminate excess heat to keep your body at an optimal temperature.
- The topper with a snug fit will hold the mattress properly and is easily washable in the machine.
- It is made of hypoallergenic materials to keep your bed and materials fresh.
- It requires proper maintenance due to the gel structure.
Give your back the support it deserves with this 5inch thick memory mattress from Linenspa. With an additional 1-inch gel-infused layer, this sleeping pad offers exceptional pressure point relief. It also provides a 10-year warranty and outstanding durability.
- It facilitates firm support for all kinds of beds, including bunk beds, kids’ beds, and trundle beds.
- The cooling gel will offer better breathability, ventilation, and prevent overheating.
- The high-density 4-inch support foam is perfect for constant twists and turns.
- It runs a bit short in size compared to queen-sized mattresses.
Zinus brings the most comfortable and pressure-relieving foam mattress to you. The bed is integrated with active charcoal and green tea to keep off all pollen and dust. The Microfiber Quilted Jacquard topper and Cloud mattress will hug your body like no other.
- The density base foam will complement all sleeping positions equally.
- It has Certipur US certification to ensure its firmness, performance, and durability.
- It offers constant freshness, odor-resistance, and cleaner sleep.
- The mattress may take time to inflate after coming off from packaging.
An adjustable base mattress from the Vibe store comes with a royal stretch knit cover. The quilted fiber, coupled with gel-infused foam, ensures relaxed and comfortable sleep.
- It is allergen-resistant and naturally hypoallergenic. The gel will regulate your body temperature and ensure a plush feel.
- It will maintain your spine alignment and reshapes according to your sleeping posture.
- It reduces motion disturbance and supports every part of your body.
- It tends to take up a lot of space.
It has the combined features of an innerspring mattress and hypoallergenic memory foam. It enhances your spine alignment and minimizes pressure on your body; hence, it is ideal for guest beds, kids’ rooms, etc.
- The contouring foam will cradle your structure and offer top-notch comfort.
- It offers greater breathability and even distribution of weight for combination sleepers.
- It requires greater maintenance to keep off bed bugs.
It combines pocket coil spring and memory foam technology to provide unmatched comfort. It has 390 individually packed 16-gauge springs. The premium knit cover adds a luxurious look with a 100% quality guarantee.
- It layers different foam densities with minimal motion transfer facilities to offer a complete weightless bedtime experience.
- It combines durability with functionality. It is incredibly soft to touch with various layers of materials.
- It eliminates all sorts of nervous tension to provide a deep sleep.
- It is a bit expensive compared to other brands.
This flip mattress from Sweetnight combines four layers of unique materials to keep your body balanced. It is sagging-resistant, durable, and 100% breathable.
- It offers edge-to-edge support and optimum performance. The cloud material offers a floating experience while the dense bottom provides excellent support.
- It eliminates localized bounce and prevents back pain.
- It is free of harmful materials and odors.
- It will be heavier on your pocket and requires delicate maintenance.
It is designed with a 10% heavier gauge iCoil innerspring to offer additional firmness and support. With 1.25-inch soft form and motion isolating pocket springs, this mattress is a win-win for combination sleepers.
- It features high-quality foam with certiPUR-US certification to ensure its performance and durability.
- It is expertly packed to facilitate easy installation.
- It offers the perfect softness with a cozy top layer.
- The coils may take some time to come out.
Classic Brands is here with the latest technology to redefine comfort for combination sleepers. With dual mattress layers, it provides better spinal alignment and heat extraction. The gel-infused and body-contouring memory mattress is all you need in your life.
- It will adjust slowly to your body temperature and weight.
- It provides a stress-free and luxurious sleep that hugs your sleeping postures.
- It has a more relaxed and plusher material with viscoelastic foam.
- Without proper care, it will catch mold.
How to Choose the Best Mattresses for Combination Sleepers?
Here are some of the factors that you should consider before buying a combination sleeper mattress.
Type of the mattress
Combination sleepers change sleep position during their sleep, which means the mattress they use should shift weight consistently. That is why it is essential to do homework on the type of mattress to buy. Memory foam mattresses are the most common options to offer excellent body contouring and relieve pressure point pain. With the right density of the memory foam, you will find yourself some of the most comfortable mattresses out there.
Latex mattresses come with memory foam benefits and cool down body temperature naturally – an exceptional choice for warmer climates. Mattresses with inner springs are great for airflow and support. They can be responsible for creating back pain. A hybrid mattress comes with the goodness of both memory foam and innerspring – the best of both worlds.
Combination sleepers do not have one fixed position of sleeping by the very definition of the name. They are known for switching between two to three different positions every night. Depending on whether you sleep more on your side, back, or stomach, you should wisely choose your mattress’s material and style. Medium-soft to medium-firm is ideal for side sleepers, a medium to firm mattress is suitable for back sleepers, while stomach sleepers should go for medium-firm to firm.
Budget is always an essential factor before a big purchase. Memory foam mattresses are more reasonable than latex and hybrid ones. If you buy along with mattress toppers and covers, then the price will go up. It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend for your comfort.
Sleep trials and warranties
You can go for brands that offer sleep trials and warranties. That way, you can ensure quality and durability for your mattress. A sleep trial will allow you to use a mattress for a certain period before making the purchase – sort of like a test drive. If a brand allows you this option, you can give up the mattress after the trial period is over and get a full or partial refund of the payment made. If a brand does not have this option, it should have a return policy that lasts 30 days.
On the other hand, warranties mostly cover manufacturing defects and any damage that occurs to the mattress during the natural course of use. Depending on the brand, warranties can range from one year to ten.
FAQs Regarding Best Mattresses for Combination Sleepers
- What kind of mattress helps in relieving pressure point pain?
A medium-firm memory foam mattress is believed to be the best mattress for relieving pressure point pain in combination sleepers.
- Which mattresses should combination sleepers avoid?
Combination sleepers should best avoid innerspring mattresses. They can trigger pressure pain.
- Is sleep trial a better or return policy?
Sleep trial is better in mattresses because you can sleep on the product and decide for yourself if it works for you.
Every combination sleeper needs a mattress that will offer great comfort at every toss and turn. It will help if you have a landing bed that has the right firmness, density, and build. When you are settling into sleep time, your landing pad should provide adequate support to your pressure points. Having a good sleep will prepare you for the next day.