Sleep is indispensable for babies; their health depends a lot on their bedtime. Multiple surveys have proven that sleep directly impacts a baby’s immune system, memory and even mental health. When it comes to choosing the best mattress for your child, the quality shouldn’t be compromised.
Here we have handpicked some of the best toddler mattresses for you. You will surely have complete guidance here to make the right choice.
Top 12 Toddler Mattress 2020
Graco has been an award-winning brand for the last few years. The premium mattress is a top-rated selection free from harmful elements like mercury, phthalates and lead. It comes with a removable and washable cover.
- The mattress features a soft and comfortable outer which is water-resistant and machine washable.
- The core of the mattress is made of high-quality and breathable foam that maximizes the airflow.
- It is not dual-sided so it cannot be flipped from firmer to softer as the baby
- The quality could be less than expected due to the lower price.
My First Mattress is probably one of the best brands in the market. They are quite well-known for providing premium quality memory foam which gives the baby a safe and restful sleep environment. This mattress is also hypoallergenic and lead-free.
- This mattress is perfectly designed for all standard cribs and toddler beds.
- Because of the memory foam, this mattress does not make noise when the baby moves.
- The mattress takes a lot of time to regain its full shape.
- Airing out could take a longer time to process.
Milliard Premium Mattress gives extra comfort with a luxurious layer of top-quality memory foam. It comes with a bamboo encasement which is also waterproof and machine washable. This mattress is well designed for air flow to help regular sleep temperature and restful bed time.
- It features a super soft bamboo cover helpful in offering a pleasurable sleeping time to the baby.
- The mattress is low VOC and free of heavy metals.
- The mattress has a good temperature regulation.
- The mattress could be a little harder than usual.
Kolcraft gives a lightweight and congenial mattress at a very reasonable price. It comes with 150 heavy gauge coils to provide firm support while the baby sleeps. The mattress is GREENGAURD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions that creates a healthy sleeping environment.
- Kolcraft comes with a 10 years warranty on workmanship and materials.
- The mattress is very airy and easy to access.
- Because of the firmness of the mattress, it could be a little bit noisy.
Serta promises utmost safety to your baby with non-toxic composition of their mattress. It comes with dual side foam that can be helpful as the baby grows. Serta mattress is Certi-PUR and GREENGAURD certified, which means it is totally harmless for babies.
- The mattress does not does not contain toxic fire retardants.
- It comes with a 10 years warranty.
- Fits perfectly with any crib and toddler beds.
- It has a problem with durability, make sure to do some research before purchasing.
Eco Classica III is a hypoallergenic premium mattress made by Colgate Mattress. The mattress is designed with built in waterproof backing. It also comes with an organic cotton cover, comfortable for your baby.
- The mattress is made of eco foam comprising plant oils.
- The organic cotton cover is good for babies and easily accessible.
- As natural elements are used, the price of the mattress could be a little higher.
Sealy is another reputed and well-known brand. The mattress is made with 204 steel coil offering perfect firmness and support. Sealy mattress comes with lab tested Staph-Gard, which kills bacteria from the surface of the mattress and makes it healthier for the baby.
- The antibacterial protection this mattress gives is really good for babies.
- Sealy mattress is indoor air certified.
- Although they promise 100% waterproofing cover, they fail to keep it.
- There’s no assurance that the antibacterial protection will last for a long time.
Dream on Me is very popular for manufacturing mattresses at a reasonable price. The mattress is GREENGAURD certified and has a vinyl cover. The hypoallergenic foam has an insulated layer providing a happy bedtime to your baby.
- Dream on Me mattresses are comfortable and suitable for babies.
- It gives a firm structure made of 80 durable steel coils.
- The cost is cheaper than other brands.
- They do not use 100% organic materials.
Delta Children mattress is made of polyester fiber core offering a firm support to the young one. Both sides of this lightweight mattress are waterproof. It is CPSIA tested so it does not contain fire retardants. Delta Children also gives a warranty of 7 year.
- GREENGAURD Gold Certified, which means the mattress is contributing to non- non-toxic, healthy environment.
- Fit for all kinds of toddler beds and easy to access.
- The materials are not good enough.
- This mattress is low in terms of durability.
Newton is an innovative brand, which provides top quality, organic mattresses for babies. The mattress is made with Breath-Thru technology, which helps to reduce the risk of suffocation. The two- sage organic cover is 100% washable and easy to handle. The mattress is proven to be the best choice to regulate the temperature and make a comfortable surface for your baby.
- Newton uses the latest technology and organic materials.
- The mattress is very lightweight and good for baby’s wellness.
- This product is exclusively designed for toddlers, so it cannot help the baby during its growing period.
- Little bit expensive due to the use of organic materials.
Moonlight is one of the best mattress brands. Slumber Little Dreamer mattress uses firm high-density foam backed by CertiPUR certification. The mattress comes with antibacterial protection and freshness.
- The antibacterial protection makes it healthier for babies.
- It comes with vinyl and lead-free cover which is good for a baby’s use.
- Useful for both toddlers and infants.
- The mattress does not meet buyers’ expectations to a great extent with the materials.
- Higher price tag for a basic product.
Safety 1st is one of the most loved and award-winning brands. The Heavenly Dreams mattress’ 100% vinyl cover makes it water resistant and easily washable. It comes with a high density thermo-bonded fiber core, It gives the baby a restful and peaceful bedtime.
- The mattress comes with a 10 years warranty.
- The quality of the product is quite good at a reasonable price.
- Durability is not good as mentioned.
- Buyers’ sometimes have adverse reactions over it as the product does not prove to contain 100% promised materials.
Buying Guide for The Best Toddler Mattress
When you are buying a mattress for your baby, you have to be careful about a few things. Let’s be honest, you cannot compromise your baby’s health and wellness for anything in this world. So, before buying your lovely child a mattress, you must have a look on following essentials:
The comfortability of the mattress is surely a deciding factor. Choose a mattress which gives the best quality foam and materials. Make sure it is firm enough to give your baby a peaceful sleeping environment.
Some brands fail to keep their promises with durability. You will probably face problems after a few months. Pick a reputed brand to avoid this issue, make sure to check their warranty period.
Babies are sensitive, so without any doubt safety comes first. Though most brands ensure that they do not use harmful chemicals, you have to keep your eyes open. Better choose a certified brand with a good reputation.
You do not buy a toddler mattress every month, so try to avoid buying a cheap mattress. It could affect your baby’s health.
FAQs Regarding Best Toddler Mattress
1. Is It a Necessity to Buy an Organic Mattress?
Most of the mattress brands claim to provide safe and harmless products, but, for your baby’s safety, you must go for an organic mattress. Read the product description and proven methods before buying it.
2. Can You Use Toddler Mattress as The Baby Grows?
Sure, you can. First you need to pick a brand that gives a long warranty period. Also check if they make a mattress that is two-sided and useful for infants.
3. Should You Buy A Cheap Product?
Even some brands offer good products at a very economical price, but most of them do not keep the promise as they mentioned. It is recommended to go for a decent product with reliable commitments.
4. Should You Check the Brand’s Certification Before Buying Mattress?
It is not necessary, but have you ever thought why they got all these certifications? They are meant for satisfying the customers. It’s not going to harm, if you quickly check their achievements. It could be beneficial for your baby in a way.
Choosing the right toddler mattress for your child is a crucial job. Your child’s health comes first. Though, you have complete guidance now to make the correct decision about buying the most suitable product, still make sure to choose the best mattress wisely.