The 21st-century world is a very busy world. Working 9-hour shifts and doing chores is usually extremely tiring. But while the work cycle cannot be changed, what one can definitely do is ensure that they get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is extremely necessary to keep the body and mind healthy and ready for the next day’s work. Mattresses are crucial to get that perfect sleep that helps you wake up refreshed and ready for the day’s toil. Companies understand this and today there are hundreds of different types of mattresses available in the market. Each has its own characteristics and specialities. While most of those specialities are not entirely necessary, there are, however, a bunch of features that are essential in a good mattress and should definitely be among the things you check while buying a mattress to sleep on.
Features to Check Before Buying Best Mattress
Below is the list of some of the best features we must check before buying a mattress. Let’s check the list & understand some of the best features you can get in a mattress & we’ve provided a product along with each feature for your convenience. So let’s check it out.
1) A firm Base
The base is probably the most important part of a mattress. It supports your back and makes sure that you do not wake up in the morning with a sprained neck or a stiff back. The base is also important to make sure that you do not face health issues in the long run.
- The base of your mattress needs to be firm and supportive.
- A proper firm base provides your spinal cord with optimum support.
- It should also rest your neck properly to let your body rest.
This is a mattress that embodies the firm base. It has a coil-on-coil design along with a set of firm foam that provides a firm foundation. The firm base prevents the mattress from sagging and the coil provides excellent contour. Additionally this mattress provides exceptional lumbar support and has vertically oriented TENCEL fibres on the surface.
2) Memory Foam
Another very important feature in a good mattress today is memory foam. Memory Foam is basically a type of foam which remembers your favorite sleeping position and adjusts to the shape of your body so that you can slide right in and feel comfortable.
- It uses your body heat to identify pressure points to shape up the mattress.
- Memory foam makes sure that you never have to sleep on a weirdly contoured bed and wake up in the morning with a stressed body, or worse, a sprain.
- There are different types of memory foam available in the market and you can choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
The Casper is a top pick for mattress experts because of its amazing balance of comfort and contour. It does not sag too much and aligns itself to your spine. This particular mattress is perfect for couples because it remembers sleep positions for two different people and isolates the two positions.
3) Cooling Properties
With global warming becoming a reality and junk food becoming sustenance, bodies tend to heat up a lot faster than before. If your mattress does not absorb that heat, it results in an uncomfortable and sweaty sleep. This means that you wake up the next morning tired and sweaty.
- You need a mattress which takes the heat from your body and distributes it evenly,
- This type of mattress distributes the heat to cool your body down. This gives you a much better and blissful sleeping experience.
The SweetNight Queen is one of the best mattresses in the world when it comes to cooling properties. Its combination of coil layers and foam not only provides the perfect balance of support , mobility and comfort, but also makes sure that air flows through the coil layers and distributes the heat absorbed from your body, for the most comfortable sleep ever.
4) Safeguarding from allergies and Infections
With the world becoming closer and closer, more and more people suffer from allergies and infections. You want to buy a mattress that does not cause further irritation or increase your allergies. There are many mattresses in the market today that come with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- These mattresses use foam and latex, both of which are known for their antimicrobial and dust resistant properties.
- These mattresses will certainly keep allergies and infections at bay.
Tuft And Needle is one of the biggest names when it comes to mattresses. All its mattresses come with advanced antimicrobial properties and are resistant to dust, dust mites and mold. These also come with anti allergic properties that prevent irritation and itching in infected areas of the skin. These also provide extremely good support and are among the very best for comfort.
5) Mattress Life
Mattresses are a big investment. These are not things you would want to change every year. Considering that these are expensive products which become a very important part of your life, it is absolutely essential that the mattress you choose is long-lasting and durable.
- Most mattresses claim to have a durable life of 10 years. But needless to say, not all of those survive that long.
- These mattresses sag in places, their foam becomes less effective and the cooling properties erode over time.
- All of this results in your mattress becoming a pile of foam, coil and coir. That is exactly why you need to make sure your mattress actually has a long life.
Sleep Innovations is a powerhouse in making mattresses. With a life of 20 years, the shiloh from Sleep Innovations, is probably the most long lasting and durable mattress on the market today. It is a memory foam mattress that does not sag and holds its shape and properties. It also comes with a beautiful quilted cover for that extra bit of luxury.
Buying the mattress can be quite a task. It is such an integral part of your life and there are so many factors to be kept in mind. Each feature also happens to have a segment best mattress. While all this information might be confusing, what helps is knowing which of these features you want in your mattress. Decide what is more important to you and find the best mattress for yourself.