Every person has their own unique style of sleeping. Some sleep sideways, while others love to sleep face down on the pillow and the mattress. It is all about comfort while you sleep. There are also multiple things other than the position that help you get the perfect good night’s sleep. Getting the right mattress is one of them.
Mattresses are certainly important for those who sleep stomach and face down on the bed. These people are mostly known as stomach sleepers. Not every mattress is ideal for every sleeping position. If you happen to be a stomach sleeper, then you can choose the best mattresses for yourself in this post.
Top 10 Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
This mattress is perfectly made for stomach sleepers. It can provide you with amazing support with moderate firmness at the same time as you lay face down at night. It has an amazing two-tone cover that makes it super stylish as well. It offers a very effective plush foam layer with natural latex for added comfort.
- It is available in two styles
- It comes in six size varieties, giving you the flexibility to choose the one that suits you.
- It has 5.5-inch steel coils of high-quality. This will increase the airflow in your mattress, helping you to sleep better.
- This mattress is not for the ones who are looking for extreme firmness.
Solve your problems of back pain and neck strains with this Sweetnight Breeze King mattress. This one will help your body get perfectly aligned with the mattress. With great firmness, it will provide you with the right amount of support you need to sleep on your stomach.
- It has gel memory foam inside the mattress which helps in keeping your body cool.
- The memory foam also helps in slowly adjusting your body weight and temperature.
- This mattress is quite expensive and is not the right option for the ones who are on a budget.
This mattress here comes with a polyester quilted cover and is among the most top-rated mattresses for stomach sleepers. It has a three-layer design, which will help you get the perfect content night’s sleep. The mattress can provide you with the perfect pressure-relieving support beneath your body, as it is made up of gel memory foam.
- It is available in three style variants and five size variants.
- It is excellent for adequate neck support.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- If you are looking for more spring recoil, then this mattress is not appropriate for you.
If you are looking for a stomach sleeper mattress with easy upkeep, then this is the one for you. This mattress is made of hypoallergenic material, which means you will be protected against any type of allergies arising from the product. It can also provide you with the right balance of comfort and support for your back and lower body with 7” core and 1.5” transition foam.
- The hypoallergenic material keeps away dust, pollens, and any other substance that can cause allergies or further damage.
- It is made up of memory foam that offers the right amount of firmness.
- Comes in five varieties – Twin, Full, King, Queen, California King
- It is compatible with all bases and frames of beds.
- Has stretch knit cover for added breathability
- The mattress can be too firm and hard for some people.
This mattress can provide you with an utmost relaxed sleep at night. It is made up of plush therapeutic memory foam which helps alleviate pressure point pain. The memory foam supports your lower back keeping you from any back pain as well. It comes with infused bamboo charcoal that deals with moisture, odor, and temperature regulation. The product comes with a mattress protector as well, which is 100% waterproof.
- The mattress is naturally hypoallergenic. It keeps bacterial and fungal growth away.
- The design of the mattress is extremely thin and breathable.
- It is ideal for having small children and pets in bed.
- The mattress protector is fully elastic with deep pockets
- Some may find it to be too soft for complete support.
- The product can get saggy over time.
This is a stomach sleeper mattress perfect for kids and teenagers. It has a memory foam layer, which is supported by high density Reflexa foam base offering durability and support. It will help in the perfect alignment of the spine and lower body. It features a 1” open cell memory foam as well, which is pressure sensitive and flexibly contours to your body shape.
- The cotton cover is removable and washable
- It comes in bright colors – Raspberry and Blueberry.
- It comes in only two shapes – twin and full.
This is one of the best mattresses for anyone who sleeps on the stomach regularly – even during short naps. This mattress features a base along with head and foot inclines adjustable with wireless remote control. It is made up of plush memory foam topped with latex providing you with the right balance of soft and supportive mattress.
- It has a high quality of 5.5-inch steel coils that offers extra comfort to your body.
- This amazing mattress can be availed with a 10-year warranty.
- It has dual USB charging stations on both sides of the bed.
- It might take longer to get used to the remote control. You have to safely use it.
- It takes around 5-10 minutes to get the mattress assembled.
This mattress is made up of gel-infused foam that takes only a few minutes to cool down your body – a perfect product for the summer. It helps reduce perspiration and humidity during warm weather and also helps relieve pressure points. This mattress is sure to provide you with the right relief and support with the four layers of foam built into the model.
- It has 4 layers of CertiPUR-US design to provide you with a safe and sound good night’s sleep.
- It comes with a 100 nights trial and 10 years of warranty from the company.
- It is more on the expensive side, thus not suitable for customers on a budget.
This mattress from the house of AmazonBasics comes in five size variants. It has a top memory foam layer with adequate support. CertiPUR-US Certified foam and an Oeko-Tex Certified top fabric provide the right balance of firmness and bounce.
- It has breathable holes that make airflow circulation throughout the mattress extremely easy and efficient.
- The top layer of the memory foam is made up of medium-firm texture, that provides sufficient support.
- It has triple-layer support, making it durable and long-lasting.
- It only comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Some might find it too soft for their comfort.
Made up of gel memory foam this mattress will provide you with the right body temperature adjustment in a few moments. It comes in seven amazing size variants for you to choose from. This mattress is the perfect comfort mattress for stomach sleepers.
- The density-based foam is 4 inches high. That provides the perfect pressure release.
- It also comes with a foldable platform bed frame.
- The warranty is for just 5 years.
How to Choose the Right Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
Many people have the habit of sleeping on their stomachs. But it can make way to some serious problems. The main reason for this is that the position triggers aches and pain in the back, which is why if you are a stomach sleeper you need a specific mattress for yourself. Here are a few factors that you should consider before getting yourself a mattress for stomach sleeping.
It is another most important thing when it comes to buying the right mattress for stomach sleepers. If firmness is your priority you can look for foam or latex mattresses. They are known to provide the perfect firmness required.
Well-being of your body
Sleeping on your stomach can cause lower back, shoulder, hip, and even neck strain. You need to choose a mattress that can keep your spine and lower body aligned.
Getting the right mattress does not mean that you have to spend a huge amount of money. Only look for the features that you require, make sure that you are not paying for the benefits that are of no use to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much firmness is best for stomach sleepers?
That depends on how prone you are to pain and aches. But, the mattresses whose firmness ranges from 6-8 on a scale of 10 is perfect for the ones who sleep on their stomachs.
- What is the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Anyone who is a stomach sleeper will need stronger support. You can go for firmer hybrids, latex beds, and innerspring mattresses if you are a stomach sleeper. Airbed mattresses can also be a great choice as the firmness is adjustable.
- What will be the right mattress for a stomach sleeper suffering from back pain?
If you have back pain or are prone to it, you should go for firmer hybrid and latex mattresses. You can also consider getting an airbed mattress it will also help a lot to cope with back pain because of its adjustable feature.
- Along with the mattress, will I need a perfect pillow as a stomach sleeper?
Not just the mattress it is important that you do not skip the importance of having the right pillow with the perfect support and firmness balance.
- Which stomach sleeper mattress to choose for pregnancy?
If you are pregnant and a stomach sleeper, you will be more prone to pains and ache. It will be tough for you to align your spine; you might be needing a special pregnancy mattress for stomach sleepers.
The list of mattresses along with the buying guide will surely help you get the right mattress for yourself. Sleeping is extremely important to keep you healthy and fit, which is why it is also important to go for the right mattress, that causes no pain or suffering.