The right sleeping pillow is extremely important for a child, especially during their growing period. The time kids spend sleeping are counted as crucial and is considered it contributes to their growth. You might have to make some changes in their bedroom and sleeping habits to make sure they sleep comfortably. Make sure that these changes are up to the mark of the speed of the growth of your child.
To start making changes you can start from getting the appropriate pillow for your child. The right pillow will make sure that the head of your child is getting the right support and the right firmness. There are too many options out there, but we will help you to choose the right one for you.
Top 10 Pillows for Kids in 2020
This pillow can be the perfect pillow for any kid under 2 years. The size of the pillow is 16 x 19 inches. It comes with a pillowcase as well. The material it is made up of is polyester and cotton and is BPA free, this makes it extremely easy to clean.
- Both the pillow and the pillowcase are made up of hypoallergenic materials.
- The fill material is made up of cotton, to guarantee a good night’s sleep.
- This pillow is not the right pick for babies over the age of 2.
You can choose this pillowcase for your toddler, kid, or infant. This pillow comes in a size of 13 x 18 inches, comes with a pillowcase, and is perfect for travel. It is made up of organic and breathable cotton that offers the utmost comfort.
- The shell of the pillow is made up of organic cotton.
- It is hypoallergenic and provides the right support.
- This pillow does not come in white.
This pillow comes in a size of 16 x 22 inches and in white color. It is filled with polyester and fiber materials that give it the right firmness and support. This is a pillow for every kid under the age of 5. The manufactures have made both the shell and filling 100% hypoallergenic.
- The thread count of the pillow is 220 and is perfect for machine wash.
- Offers the right alignment to the neck and backbone.
- It is a bit on the expensive side.
If you are looking for the most cost-effective purchase then this is it, here you will get 2 pillows at the price of one. The fill material of this pillow is polyester and the fabric is made up of cotton. The thread count of the pillow is 250.
- The size of the pillow is 13 x 18 which is quite large.
- The polyester filling gives the right amount of firmness and support and makes it easy to wash in the machine.
- It may not be too fluffy.
If you are looking for a comfortable pillow then this one can serve the purpose. The cover of the pillow is made up of natural cotton and has a 7D hollow siliconized microfiber filling providing the right support and alignment to the neck and back of your kid.
- It is made up of 100% hypoallergenic material making it free from mold, dust-mite, or mildew.
- The size of the pillow is 13 x 18 inches, which is the perfect size.
- It does not come with any pillowcases.
This pillow here comes with a certification of CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold, by which you can rest assure of the fact that it is 100% hypoallergenic and vinyl free. The fill material is made up of memory foam and is vegan & cruelty-free.
- There has been no use of harmful and toxic chemicals in the manufacture of this pillow.
- It offers great comfort maintaining the safety and wellbeing of your child.
- It is perfect for kids under 2 and not above it.
This pillow provides utmost delicacy to your child as it is made up of 100% Egyptian cotton. The size of the pillow is 13 x 18 inches with a thread count of 300 and the fill material of the pillow is 250 grams cotton-like polyester. It even comes with a pillowcase.
- The shell of the pillow is made up of 100% medical grade cotton.
- This pillow is tested by CPSIA or CPSC.
- If you are looking for cotton filling then this one is not for you.
This pillow comes with a handcrafted yet organic cotton shell. The filler material of this pillow is made up of cluster fiber, which provides the right comfort and has a thread count of 200. From the filling to the shell everything is 100% hypoallergenic.
- The pillows may be thin but they are fluffy to provide the right amount of comfort.
- It is made up of chemical-free material.
- If you are looking for a thicker pillow then this is not for you.
This pillow here has to be one of the most ergonomically designed pillows that are made up of natural cotton. This can be your right travel companion for its perfect size. The thread count of this pillow is 220.
- The pillow comes in a cute car print.
- The 1005 cotton material makes the pillow extremely easy to wash.
- May not be ideal for kids above the age of 4.
This pillow can be the perfect choice for your kids. The shell of the pillow is made up of cotton and the fill material is of polyester. It comes with a built-in pillow cover which is nonremovable. The polyester filling provides the right balance between firm and support.
- It comes in a cute dinosaur print and a plain white variable. Choose the one you want.
- The pillow is extremely fluffy and provides the right amount of comfort.
- If you are looking for a pillow with cotton filling then this is not for you.
How to Choose the Right Sleeping Pillow for your Kid
You might face a lot of confusion when you are about to choose a pillow that works the best for your child. There are multiple options you can choose from, but before that, you need to know what you are looking for. If you have not sorted out your requirement yet, go through this buying guide, it will help you choose the right pillow for your kid.
You should go for the right firmness when choosing a pillow for your kid. Make sure that the pillow is not too soft. A pillow that is too soft can be a threat to your child’s well-being. On the other hand, a pillow that is not comfortably firm is also not the ideal one. You need to get the right amount of support and firmness.
Ask yourself or observe your child for any signs of hypo allergy. This means allergy from dust, mold, microbes, and dust mites. You can choose a hypoallergenic pillow that will help in the reduction of the chances of allergy in your child.
- Pillow Fill Material
You need to check out what is inside the pillow or the fill material of the pillow as well. These are the ones that will determine the comfort level of the pillow. Here are some materials that you can choose from – feathers, synthetic fill, down, or memory foam. All of these fillings are easy to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to use a pillowcase?
You should use a pillowcase over the pillow. This will reduce the chances of your child getting an allergy due to microbes. You can go for a pillowcase that suits your need.
- How to clean the pillow?
If there is zip you can take out the filling from the pillow and then wash it. Or else you can choose a filling that is easy to clean and dry so that you can clean the pillow without having to take out the filling.
- What is the appropriate size for the pillow?
It can be really tough to say, which pillow size is the right one for your child. But, on average 12 inches to 16 inches can be the perfect pillow size for your child.
- How to get the right balance of firmness and support?
It mainly depends on the filling of the product. But the pillow which regains its shape after being pressed should be considered to have the right balance of support and firmness.
You can now choose the right pillow for your child. Just go through the features listed here and you are sure to get your answer.