Waterbeds have been used for decades to provide a unique form of sleeping comfort and support. They can offer a variety of benefits, like heat, body conformity, and pressure relief. But with so many great features, what waterbed should you choose? We’ve done the work for you, compiling a list of products to help you find the best waterbed mattress for you; judged on their features, durability, wave motion, and affordability.
Before looking into the waterbed options, you should check out the complete mattress size chart to make sure you are making the right choice.
4. Innomax Sanctuary Waterbed Mattress
This could be the best choice if you’re looking for the best waterbed mattress with the simplest, most traditional features. It uses a gravity-neutral fluid suspension to maximize comfort during movement and offers phenomenal mid-body support. The casing is made from 20-mil, premium vinyl that responds to your body’s varied levels of need.
|Waterbed flow: Free flow/full wave|
|Depth: 9 inches (22.8 cm)|
- People looking for durability: This mattress comes with a 20-year warranty, so you never have to worry about the quality of it decreasing.
- Side sleepers: The gravity motion of this mattress is ideal for the high and low curves of side sleepers.
- Budget seekers: For a fraction of the cost of a traditional mattress, this product can fit into anyone’s budget and is easy to maintain.
- Back sleepers: This model may not provide the proper amount of firm support that is needed for the back.
- Hot sleepers: These mattresses can be hooked up to heat sources and do not provide optimum breathability for cool-sleeping.
3. Better Sleep Semi-Waveless Waterbed Mattress
Made with reinforced layers and corners, this mattress reduces wave movement more so than traditional waterbeds. There is also a 2-ounce layer of bonded fiber on top of the mattress that helps add comfort to every sleep experience.
|Waterbed flow: Semi-wave (85-90% reduction)|
|Depth: 9.5 inches (24.1 cm)|
- Back/stomach sleepers: This waterbed mattress is more firm and stable, making it ideal for people who sleep on their backs or stomachs.
- Combination sleepers: The movement is water is minimized in this mattress, so those who move around in their sleep find it easier to get comfortable.
- Hot sleepers: It can be difficult for people who overheat easily to use waterbed mattresses because they form to the body and naturally create more heat. This mattress’ lack of motion helps minimize overheating and helps you keep cooler at night.
- People on strict budgets: Not the most expensive on the list, this mattress might not be suitable for all budgets.
- Side sleepers: Because of its firmer nature, side sleepers might find it to be too supportive to contour to the body’s curves.
2. Boyd Specialty Sleep Wave-Less Waterbed Mattress
There are 3 layers of lumbar fill in this product and a completely waveless system, making it the best waterbed mattress for people needing ample support. It’s reinforced and uses a 4-point memory stretch tether system that ensures the fiber quality never wavers; ensuring your rest is high quality and unwavering each time.
|Waterbed flow: Waveless|
|Depth: 9 inches (22.8 cm)|
|Sizes: California king|
- Couples/combination sleepers: Since this mattress is completely waveless, it’s ideal for eliminating motion transfer for couples and sleepers who toss and turn.
- Back/stomach sleepers: This waterbed mattress is firmer due to its wave motion and fiber lining, so it’s perfect for maintaining the curvature of your spine.
- Sleepers with pain considerations: This mattress offers support that is firm enough to alleviate pressure points where it’s needed.
- Budget watchers: Compared to others, this waterbed may be considered too expensive.
- Side sleepers: The top to this mattress may not be plush enough for routine side sleepers.
1. Innomax Gentle Wave Waterbed Mattress
There’s no surprise that Innomax made the best waterbed mattress list twice. The reliable brand made this gentle wave model that comes with a comfortable, low-tension top, and reinforced corners. Easy to use and designed to provide not too hard and not too soft support, it’s easy to see why customers sleep comfortably on this mattress for years.
|Waterbed flow: Semi-wave (80% reduction)|
|Depth: 9 inches (22.8 cm)|
- Side sleepers: This mattress is soft enough to form to your body but firm enough to support it, so it’s ideal for people who sleep on their sides.
- Budget shoppers: For the size and available features, this product is a terrific value for anyone.
- Sleepers with pain-related sleep problems: As stated before, the gentle wave system allows the bed to form to and support the areas of the body that need it most; making it great for people who need to alleviate pressure.
- People with physical limitations: This model is very close to a full-motion model, so it may be hard for some people to get in and out of bed, as well as change positions if you do not have the full range of motion.
- Stomach sleepers: For people sleeping on their stomach, this mattress does not provide the flat, firm support needed.
It is essential to determine what it is you need to experience the best night’s sleep possible. The products you’ve seen here today will help set you on the path to finding the best waterbed mattress for you. After reading our list above, let us know: did your favorite waterbed mattress make the list?